Monday 29 November 2010

Sing it to HIM

"Being in a foreign country means walking a tightrope high above the ground without the net afforded a person by the country where he has his family, colleagues, and friends, and where he can easily say what he has to say in a language he has known from childhood"
- Milan Kundera (The Unbearable Lightness Of Being)


As I pondered upon this passage I found in Kundera's book, it dawned on me that this is exactly how I have always felt. Living in different places where the people do not even know the existance of my mother tongue adds to the challenge. It has been a continuous journey and effort of explaining my origins. From Chinese to Thai to Filipino to Nepali, all the different races and ethincities I have been mistaken for.

But I am thankful for where I am today.

Below are random shots from my time spend in London, Brighton and Eastborne this summer.






No comments:

Post a Comment